The ultimate hut-to-hut glacier traverse
This classic glacier traverse is open to any experienced mountain hiker, but also to those who have already climbed mountains like Monte Rosa or Mont Blanc. From France to Switzerland, from the Mont Blanc to the Matterhorn, the ultimate high alpine glacier trek between the two most famous mountains in the Alps. Attached to the safe rope of your experienced mountain guide you'll traverse glaciers, snowfields and exposed, steep trails. This is the mother of all glacier traverses !
For this adventure trip, alpine experience is an advantage, but not absolutely necessary. A very good physical condition and perseverance are however required. The stages are quite long (5 to 9 hours with 500 - 1500 meters of climbing per day). In good conditions we will climb the Tête Blanche (3724m), the highest point of this week.
- The mother of all glacier traverses: over rugged peaks, steep trails, high glaciers and nights in remote and spectacularly located mountain huts
- Clear all-in price: including transfers, all guiding fees, technical climbing gear and halfboard in our own lodge and in huts
- We are at home in this region! We're 24/7 around and happy to assist if you need extra help getting around
- Our starting and end point is our own lodge, which is easy to reach by train from Geneva International Airport
- Possibility to add extra days in Zermatt: we'll transfer your luggage free of charge
- Combination with 2 or 3 day Mont Blanc climb is -upon circumstances- possible
- Small groups with 3- 6 persons, also as a private tour (ask for a personalised quote)
The week starts at our own Bekker Mountain Chalet near Chamonix, where Ilse will spoil you with great meals and a good bed. In the evening you will be briefed and the gear for the trip will be distributed and backpacks are packed. The next day it takes only 10 minutes to get the cable car in Vallorcine from which we head to the recently rebuilt Albert I hut (2702m). In the afternoon our guides will train you in crampon techniques on the galcier next to the hut. Now we're ready for the big stuff!
The next morning we'll climb the Col Superieur du Tour, also the border with Switzerland, and continue over the great glacier plateau of Trient to Champex, where we'll spend the night. From here we continue our route through and over the Valais Alps to Zermatt. We'll dtay at the Chanrion hut, Vignettes hut, Bertol hut and the last night we'll spend the night in the Schönbielhütte (2694m) overlooking the Matterhorn Northface! Then we finally descend to Zermatt, where a drink and snack on a sunny terrace is well deserved. Return by minivan to Bekker Chalet and traditional farewell raclette. Possibility of staying in Zermatt and returning to the airport from there. In that case, we will leave your luggage in Zermatt.
|Level||For experienced mountain hikers and alpine climbers|
|Physical condition||Excellent level of fitness for 5-9 hours hiking per day on rough, steep trails and glaciers with 5-8 kg backpack|
|Number of participants||4- 6 per mountainguide|
|Our Service Package Includes||8 days halfboard (2 x Bekker Chalet, 1 x hotel dormitory en 5x remote mountain huts), all guiding fees, use of all technical climbing gear (helmet, harness, ice axe, crampons, rope), welcome drink, all local transfers (Champex-mauvoisin and Täsch near Zermatt to Finhaut/Chamonix)|
|Not Included Are||Cable cars (± € 20), 1x mountain train Zermatt-Täsch, lunches, drinks and personal expenses|
|Price||€ 1.850,- p.p.|