Expedition to the top of Europe
The Elbrus, Europe's highest mountain, is located in the Baksanvalley in the heart of the Caucasus, on the Russian/Georgian border. Via Moscow you can fly to Mineralnye Vody in the Caucasus. This programme provides an extended acclimatization. During the first days we gently acclamatize while enjoying the beautiful mountains. After having climbed the Little Kogutay 3850m, or depending on the circumstances, another mountain, you are well prepared for the ascent of Elbrus
We have allocated sufficient days to climb Elbrus Westsummit 5642m and / or east summit 5621m through a classical, not technically difficult but long route. After having climbed the Elbrus, you have the possibility to schedule a visit to Moscow.
Participation in the expedition is open for mountaineers with excellent condition and high mountain experience eg Mont Blanc and Monte Rosa four thousand meter peaks. The ascent of Elbrus is a long mountaineering tour, where a lot of stamina is required. Perseverance and team spirit are needed; as well as good health (ask doctor statement). Technically, the mountain is not difficult, the climb is mainly on snow and ice.
The expedition is led by IFMGA certified Swiss/Dutch mountainguide Edward Bekker and recognized Russian fellow mountain guides. We have been working since over 2 decades together with our Russian friends, who know the mountain as their pocket.
Previous years, almost all of our participants reached the summit of Elbrus, sometimes under very bad weather conditions.
join edward bekker to the Elbrus!
- For more than two decades: On Top! In 1992, Edward Bekker climbed for the first Elbrus. Since then, every year we organize successful Elbrus expeditions. This makes us one of Western-Europes most experienced Elbrus providers.
- Our partner in Russia for 20 years is always well informed on the specific site conditions, which in turn contributes to its success.
- Very personal guidance in English, German, French and Dutch by Swiss/Dutch IFMGA certified mountain guide Edward Bekker.
- The route through the Baksandal on the south side of the mountain is the most interesting route and offers the greatest chance of success.
- Nights in the new, comfortable Leaprus hut on Elbrus
- Full board both in the valley and on the mountain
- Starting in the valley is a hotel geared to mountaineers with spacious rooms. The room remains available during the ascent of the climbers with the great advantage that off and not have to be checked in there again. Extra baggage may remain here.
- The price / quality ratio is optimal; clear all-in price.
- Possibility to visit Edward Bekker in spring at the Bekker Chalet in Valais, Switzerland, and have a training weekend
- Only 3-4 participants per mountain guide to the summit of Elbrus guarantees maximum safety and the best chance to achieve the top!
- Extra attention for optimal acclimatization; a tailored program for low landers whose training climbs interesting three and four thousand meter peaks. So you're perfectly acclimatized for the ascent of Elbrus. Moreover, this program offers pleasant change.
- Through this approach we can for years boast a success rate of almost 100%.
|Physical condition||Excellent level of fitness|
|Number of participants||*min. 8|
|Our Service Package Includes||11 days full board, mountainguides, local transfers, climbing permits, cable cars, camping gear, climbing certificate. Excl flights to Mineralnye Vody|
|Price||€ 2.290,- (min. 8 participants)|
|Code||Date begin||Date end||Price|
|EXEL-20||Thu, 28 May 2020||Sun, 7 Jun 2020||€2290.00||Booking|