* Send a booking request via the booking link on our website
* Your booking is effected after receipt of the completed booking form, confirmation from our side and the deposit, which is due within 10 days after receipt of the booking form. In case the amount is not received, Edward Bekker Ski & Alpinisme reserves the right to book someone else.
Payment is done in two parts:
1. Deposit a) trips within Europe CHF 300 p.p. b) for expeditions and journeys outside Europe 30% of the catalogue price of the trip.
2. The balance of the full tour price is payable a) for trips within Europe: 6 weeks prior to the start of the tour. b) for expeditions and journeys outside Europe: 2 months prior to the departure date. Reservations are taken in order of receipt. In case a journey is already fully booked on the day the reservation is made, we will get in touch with you. When the group is complete, you will receive the names of the other participants, the invitation for the briefing with your guides and travel indications. In case the total amount is not due on the departure date, Edward Bekker Ski & Alpinisme reserves the right to refuse the participant!
CONFIRMATION / INVOICE
Upon receipt of your booking form and deposit, we will send you a confirmation / invoice, mentioning a) The price of the tour / journey b) Administration costs (CHF 30 per booking). c) Possible supplement (e.g. airport taxes, skipasses) d) The outstanding balance to be paid.
CANCELLATION BY THE PARTICIPANT
Cancellation by the participant can only be done in writing. Cancellation will be effective from the date of receipt by one of our offices. In case of cancellation, the following conditions apply: - until 56 days prior to departure: loss of deposit. - after the 56th day (incl.) until the 28th day prior to departure: charge of 60% of total amount. - after the 28th day (incl.) until the 14th day prior to departure: charge of 85% of total amount. - after the 14th day (incl.) prior to departure: the total amount is due. For tours / journeys organised by third parties and expeditions and journeys outside Europe, other terms and conditions may be applicable. In case a participant decides to quit the journey earlier or to not participate, no restitution will be made and the participant will be charged extra costs.
CONDITIONS PRIVATE GUIDING
In the case of private guiding ( hiring the guide without additional services such as overnight stays, transport etc.) the following conditions apply:
- After agreement of the date / dates on which the guide is hired and a written confirmation by Edward Bekker Ski & Alpinisme the reservation is definitive
- In case of bad weather, bad snow conditions or high avalanche danger, the guide may cancel the tour. In that case, the payment will be refunded. However, if a suitable alternative is available, then this alternative is chosen. Refund can therefore only take place in case of cancellation on the initiative of the guide!
- Payment: 50% at the time of booking, the remaining 50% at the latest 7 days before departure / agreed date. In case of cancellation at the latest 8 days before departure, the cancellation costs of 50% of the agreed guide fee are due. In case of cancellation as from 7 days before the agreed date 100% of the guiding fee is due.
- Any lift costs of the guide are at the expense of the guest / customer. In case of multi-day trips, the guest / client is expected to take care of the costs of the overnight stays and meals of the guide.
Insurance covering cancellation: We strongly recommend you to arrange an insurance covering cancellation. Travel insurance: A travel insurance covering mountaineering and/or alpine activities is compulsory. This obligation is in order to protect our participants against considerable costs of rescue, transport and medical aid in mountain areas.
If you wish to make amendments to your booking, a CHF 50 administration fee will be charged. Changes within 6 weeks prior to departure date may result in a higher administration fee.
CHANGE IN PROGRAM AND PRICE
All programs and prices can be changed. Edward Bekker Ski & Alpinisme reserves the right to cancel or modify the itinerary of any tour / journey in the event of:
NOT ENOUGH PARTICIPANTS
All activities are based upon a certain number of participants, mentioned in our brochure. If the minimum number of participants is not reached, we will get in touch with you in time. In such a case Edward Bekker Ski & Alpinisme reserves the right to cancel the tour / journey. You will be informed at the latest 3 weeks prior to departure and the amount already settled will be restituted. There is no right to claim compensation for costs already made, like flight reservations, acquisition of equipment, cost of insurance etc.
In case of force majeure like war, terrorism, strike or interruption of transport which influence the activities of Edward Bekker Ski & Alpinisme, reservations can be cancelled without right for claims.
You will receive by e-mail all specific travel information like names of the other participants, information on meeting point and place, necessary equipment etc. at the latest 10 days prior to departure.
Participants who are not member of one of the national mountaineering clubs need to pay an extra supplement in the mountain huts owned by one of the mountaineering clubs.
WARNING: HIGH RISK IN THE MOUNTAINS
Alpine activities like skiing, snowboarding, hiking, touring, mountaineering, rock climbing, ice climbing, mountain biking, trekking, glacier travel and other mountain activities are exposed to high risks, dangers and hazards like avalanches, crevasses, cliffs, rock fall, variable and difficult snow- and weather conditions, effects of high altitude including pulmonary and cerebral oedema, frostbite, equipment failure and encounters with domestic and wild animals. These risks can never be completely excluded, not even with competent mountain guides who will do everything to reduce the risks. Participants must therefore accept the above mentioned risks and waive any claims they have against Edward Bekker Ski & Alpinisme for loss, damage or injury including death that participants may suffer.
PROGRAM: YOUR MOUNTAINGUIDE IS RESPONSIBLE
Safety of the itinerary may be strongly influenced by weather conditions (resulting in risk of avalanches, rock fall etc.) which force the guide to change the original planned itinerary for the safety of the participants. Guides also reserve the right to exclude one or more of the participants in case mental or physical problems appear during the tour / journey which may affect further continuation of the tour / journey. In this case, Edward Bekker Ski & Alpinisme will not accept claims for restitution or extra charges.
Edward Bekker Ski & Alpinisme will not accept claims for any loss, damage, expense or injury including death of participants, nor will it accept liability for accommodation including hotels, huts, airplanes, and other means of transportation, equipment like ski and mountaineering equipment, nor will it accept claims for the consequences of delay, natural disasters (e.g. avalanches), boarder crossings, transportation problems, strike, war, illness or other causes.
In general, you will be staying in dormitories in huts and in 2- and 3-bedrooms in hotels. Singles will share a room with someone of their own sex. If this is not possible due to the male/female ratio in the group, or if you wish an upgrade to a single room, a small supplement will be charged.
Edward Bekker Ski & Alpinisme is based in Finhaut, in the Valais canton in Switzerland. Chambre du Commerce du Bas-Valais, CH-621.4.007.128-6, VAT number 642 880. © Edward Bekker Ski & Alpinisme Switzerland Sàrl, Route d'Emosson 4, CH-1925 - Finhaut August 2018